2015 was an interesting year. I set goals for myself and while I didn’t achieve all I had hoped, I achieved way more than I thought I could. There was a time when I was at my lowest in 2015. I came back quickly and made myself do things (successfully) I told myself I would never be able to do. I know I have further to go on my journey, but I also realize now I am not faced with impossible tasks and that I can do things my (evil) mind tells me I can’t do. Overall, I would say it was a year of success and pride, and that’s more than I ever asked for.
Best Memory of 2015:
The best memory of 2015 was opening my own photography business (flutography.com) and my ever customers who I had never met before. This could also be known as my most terrifying memory of 2015. I met these customers (now friends) with my hands shaking – hoping that their photos turned out okay. It turns out they loved their photos and I am so happy to have met them. It was really the confidence boost I needed to get my business started.
Worst Memory of 2015:
The worst memory of 2015 was my first appointment with a psychologist. Sitting in a waiting room with people who were just crying – I mean, I don’t know why they were crying, I’m sure they had problems which I was sure were bigger than mine – but it made me realize that I had problems, more problems than I could handle on my own. It was scary because my mind was not my own at that point. The worst moment of 2015 was realizing I had a problem bigger than I thought.
Favourite Post(s) of 2015:
Favourite Instagram of 2015:
Favourite Song of 2015:
Favourite Movie of 2015:
This is a hard one because I spent a lot of time watching old cheesy horror movies on Netflix and I can’t say that one of those would be my favourite movie. I would have to say Avengers: Age of Ultron because first of all I love pretty much any Marvel movie ever made and I am a huge Avengers fan but mostly for the experience Mason and I had watching it.
Favourite TV Show of 2015:
I want to say The Walking Dead (again)…but I’ll try to change it up a bit and say Mom but what I really mean is The X-Files because I watched the whole series (twice) last year.
Favourite Quote of 2015:
In 2015 I learned…
I learned that it’s okay to need help sometimes. I learned to put myself out there more – even though it’s scary and I can get hurt in the end, it’s not the end of the world. Best thing to do is just move on from the heartaches – even though it’s hard and it supersucks.
Things I wanted to learn in 2015:
- How to be more organized - Somewhat achieved
- How to put on make-up properly – I tried eyeliner!
- How to be more financially responsible – Let’s try this one again…
- How to be happier - Maybe? Not quite there yet
- To be more social - Achieved. It was harder than I thought and things didn't always go the way I wanted them to, but being social is a little less awkward for me now.
Things I want to learn in 2016:
- How to like myself even more.
- To play guitar. I'm not saying I have to be a pro - I just want to learn some cool songs to impress all my new friends.
- I want to be better at being more comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to not care what people think about me or my family or the way I parent my child. I want to be better at standing up for myself and my family more. I need to accept that nobody is perfect – and that’s okay.
- To stop being so negative. This is something hard for me because I always tend to lean towards the dark side of things.
Happy New Year everyone!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello..this is my blog. I bought this fancy theme and I don't know what to write here just yet. Maybe one day remind me I have to write something inspiring here?