Another year comes to a close.
Now is the time to eliminate all the negative that 2013 held and focus on the wonderful that 2014 can potentially be. It is time to imagine a 2014 full of prosperity,change and dreams.
2013 wasn't so great for me. I mean, it could have been worse, but if anything I learned.
I have ideas and dreams and wishes - something I wasn't so sure of in the beginning of 2013, so I guess that's something.
I don't really have much more to say about 2013 other than good riddance. From what I understand, that is not a very acceptable summary, so I have decided to do a little New Years Questionnaire to help me remember all the good of 2013. Without further ado, I present to you: 2013 In Summary
Best Memory of 2013:
The best memory of 2013 was definitely our trip to Niagara Falls Comic Con. We rarely get to take family "vacations" and getting to go somewhere and spending time together doing stuff that interests both of us was a huge bonus. I would definitely say this trip opened my eyes to a whole new hobby. Also getting to meet one of my childhood heroes (and EVILBOY's new hero) was really an amazing experience.
Worst Memory of 2013:
Saying goodbye to one of our family members was the hardest thing ever. It's been months and I still miss the little guy. Losing Bingo was such a horrible reminder that life is way too short and really put a damper on the whole year.
Favourite Post of 2013:
I hope this isn't cheating, but I have a few that I really enjoyed: (edit: since I made this list up I have decided this is not cheating - so there)
- Apartment Life: Office Renovation 2013 - I had a vision in my mind and it came to life. There is nothing more fantastic than an idea brought to life, although the giant holes in the wall were a bit of a downer.
- Eight. - My annual post of how long he's been gone. When I write a post on this blog, I never read it again - not even to proof read it (although you probably have already noticed this). I don't want to give in to fear and erase everything I've said - and that is because of posts like these.
- Draw My Life - Ditto.
- Golden Girls - Seriously one of the best times I had all year. Strangely.
My favourite Instagram of 2013 doesn't even have the most likes, but I sure fancy it.
Favourite Song of 2013:
Relief by Amy Jo Johnson. I supported Amy Jo's Indiegogo campaign for her short film Lines and received a copy of her new album Never Broken as a "perk". Through that album I found my favourite song of the whole entire year. Aren't ya glad it wasn't Blurred Lines? In all seriousness though, this song is beautiful. Listen and imagine it means what you want it to mean. It all makes sense.
Favourite Movie of 2013:
I was going to say Silver Linings Playbook, but apparently that came out in 2012? So....that was a really good movie.
Favourite TV Show of 2013:
Walking Dead helped me get through Sunday nights without thinking of Monday morning.
In 2013 I learned....
I learned to let go. I learned to let go of things that were dragging me down, even if they were "sentimental". I learned to walk away from potential disasters, which may have left me alone in the end, but it also leaves me open to new experiences. So hurrah!
In 2014 I Want to Learn...
- How to properly make mistakes
- How to run without looking like a fool (or at least have fun while doing it)
- How to crochet.
- How to be a better hugger
- Why people kiss each other on each cheek? What does that mean?
- How to enjoy a beach (I hate sand...bleh!)
I Want to be Better At...
I want to be better at patience. I want to be better at being a mom. I want to be better at my job. I want to be better at cooking. I miss my camera. Getting better at photography (again) is also a good plan.
My Biggest Goal for 2014 is:
To be happier
Feel free to use this questionnaire on your own blog. Leave a link below so I can see what you came up with!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Hello..this is my blog. I bought this fancy theme and I don't know what to write here just yet. Maybe one day remind me I have to write something inspiring here?