This project has been a long time in plan but today a little lightbulb (a very small one) went off in my head and I decided to put this big heavy monster clothesline in an pail and fill the pail with bricks to hold it in place. Good plan or what?? Now my first thought was to pour cement into the pail but I didn't have time to watch cement dry...I had clothes to hang!!
So the first task was to untangle the weave of lines which took a good portion of an hour or so. The next task was to get my fingers and my flabby arm caught in the pinchy arms. Then I had to call in my brother to hold it while I put the bricks into the bucket. We soon discovered that the ground was not even enough plus it was uglier than all heck so we decided to move it to the side of the house.
To make a long story short, we ended up tying it to my back steps 3 times (which actually lead to a door that looks like a door but is not really a door...it blows my mind...a whole blog post of its own!). Now I am just waiting for my neighbours to complain about the uglyness that is this clothesline. Yaay for being environmental and stuff!!
Mason woke up crabby from his nap but soon came out and played basketball in the driveway, darted out on the road after his ball went out there (heart attack) and went crazy with the sidewalk chalk and showed me how to play hopscotch again. I love weekends!